Saturday, November 12, 2005

I never have been so glad to have cast religion out of my life as I am now that Pat Robertson's melting down.

I mean, really, what a jackass. And yet, blunder after blunder, people continue to give this arrogant blowhard a place in the media and follow this witless fool around as if he had a braing.

Let's review..

During a interview with the National Review, Pat Robertson called for the State Department to be nuked..

'If I could just get a nuclear device inside Foggy Bottom, I think that's the answer,'" Robertson said, according to a transcript on the website of his Christian Broadcasting Network.

"I mean, you get through this, and you say [to yourself], 'We've got to blow that thing up.'

Then, the infamous let's kill the leader of another nation

...You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it.

And now...(drumroll please)........

He tells a town that had the audcity to vote in a way they felt best resolved the problem of ID vs scientific theory of creation that they are on their own..

I’d like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don’t turn to God; you just rejected him from your city. And don’t wonder why he hasn’t helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that’s the case, don't ask for his help because he might not be there.

And then there is Robertston and his intellectual giant of a buddy Falwell commenting that American got what he it coming on 9/11...

Falwell said, "What we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact, God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve."
Robertson replied, "Well, Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror, we haven't begun to see what they can do to the major population."
Falwell said, "The ACLU has got to take a lot of blame for this. And I know I'll hear from them for this, but throwing God...successfully with the help of the federal court system...throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools, the abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad...I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the thing in their face and say you helped this happen."

This guy is classic. I mean, really, when does someone shut this guy up? I mean, if this is the leader of the 700 Club, maybe it's time for it to be the 699 Club.