Monday, March 13, 2006

Glad to see the troops still have it in focus

I'm normally supportive of Rummey, but if this is true, then I think we need to refocus a bit..

Apparently the Pentagon is enforcing dress code standards more strictly than before, and a recent blog entry on Andrew Sullivan's blog illustrates this..

"Just returned from OEF yesterday and I'm getting caught-up on these forums. A month ago, as I was urinating at Bagram, a MSgt (1st Sgt) said that I needed to have my hat off while I was pissing! Shock and awed, I asked 'Why?'
I was advised that having one's headgear on my head while pissing was not setting a good example of abiding by the AFI (36-2903).
In plain English, I retorted 'This is my third time here, and when the focus has shifted from killing Al Q-aida to pissing with hats-on, it's time for me to leave.'"